My week's wrap up.

I am tired today. Wednesday after shipping Hubby and I drove 2 hours to Greensboro NC to shop all afternoon/evening. Then 2 hours back.

Then Thursday after shipping out our orders, I drove an hour to Asheville, encouraged the graphic artist at the printers to get the colors right on my digital images, then drove back toward home (another hour) and another 1/2 hour beyond to go to an art store in Hickory with open stock frames on sale. They had exactly one frame in the size I needed so I took it, even though it was not in the exact style I wanted. Then drove the half hour home from there.

So in the past two days, I've traveled 7 hours. I guess that isn't too bad. But today I did NOT want to drive the 20 minutes to my studio and the 20 minutes back. I did it, but I didn't want to make that drive. I would never make it as a trucker. And I'll have to go back to Asheville next week to get my paintings and whatever digital file they give me. I hope I can find someone closer to me to digitize my paintings, especially if there is going to be a lot of back and forth. I still have another 22 large paintings to digitize.

I started a new sculptural wall hanging today. (I'll try to get pictures tomorrow and add it to this post.) The piece is currently about 4 ft long. I'll have to "break" it up to fit the kiln. This is only the 2nd piece I've made using my custom made paper clay recipe. Mixing up clay with shredded paper, etc., can make the finished piece lighter than normal which will be good since this will hang on a wall. Anyway, I'm excited about getting my hands back into the clay since I've spent so much time with my paintings. I started the sculpture now so that it can have time to dry and get fired before the end of this month (I hope!).

I am still finishing off the 9 acrylic pour pieces, too. And this month I have to finish writing the final report for artist's grant I've received back in October.

The next few weeks are going to be crunch time for me!

Oh yeah, I said I was tired today. I think it is due to allergies that are seemingly getting to me this year. I used to think I was sick every spring. In the past couple of years, it was pointed out to me that I'm probably not sick, just dealing with allergies. And there are simple solutions for that! Silly me.

Tomorrow, I'll take some allergy medicine, run into the study for a few hours to finish out the wall hanging, then get some shopping done, and prepare for meeting our vaccinated friends for card playing. This will be the first time in over a year. We all missed our games and are excited to see each other again.

So that's my report.